Liam with Elder Wilkinson
This is umpa
Hey guys! This week was ok. It started out pretty boring, but finally picked up towards the end. So last P day, i played a whole bunch of sports. At around 8, we were tracting. Then we knocked into a missing member family, the Strowmatts. They are not in our ward's records. But we only met with Brother Strowmatt. He said that his 8 year old girl is starting to ask questions about the church and God. So that is pretty exciting. Then at 9 pm, I went on an exchange with the zone leaders up in Fredericksburg. So I was there for most of Tuesday. But the thing about them is that they are Spanish speaking. But we didn't teach anybody in Spanish. We just mostly went tracting. We found a Lamborghini Countach, which is one of my favorite cars. The people I went to for dinner didn't know that much English, so that was fun. Then on Wednesday, that was my first day biking. I had to borrow Elder Kohler's bike. Biking isn't actually as bad as I thought. But we didn't find anyone to teach. That day kinda sucked. Thursday was a little better, but still didn't teach that many people. Friday, things starting picking up a little. Tried by a lot of potentials. But not much are progressing. Played some volleyball that night. Got a couple of lucky hits. Saturday was a lot better. We found another missing member family, the Brennans. We also don't have their records. And they also are a less active family. They have a 20 year old son that is living with them, Austin. He has lost most of his eyesight due to a rare genetic disease. But he is genuinely interested in learning more about the Church. Then a member in the ward, Brother Christensen, gave me a bike to use while I'm here. That was super nice of him. Then Sunday was good. We met with the Strowmatts. They have a 14 year old girl that's a foster child staying with them, Elisabeth. She is very interested in the Church and asked us how she could be baptized!! The 8 year old asked us a lot of questions and is interested, too. It's pretty different trying to teach little children about the gospel. So, it's been a pretty ok week. During lunches and dinners that we have at the apartment, we have been playing a lot of Monopoly. And I am the worst at it. Anyways, hope you all are doing well! Love and miss you all so much!!
-Elder Turner

No comments:
Post a Comment