Tuesday, November 8, 2016

November 7, 2016

Halloween in Fredricksburg with his zone

Note from mom - please excuse Liam's wording on the "stupid rules". It's just his 18 year oldness showing.  At least he has a good attitude about obeying rules.  He's a good boy. 

Hey guys! This week was just an average week. Nothing too exciting. Last P day was really fun! We had zone P day and we all played sports together. They tried to get everyone to dress up in a costume, but some of us didn't. I bought some awesome new Stance socks. On Tuesday, Sister Christensen from the ward (she grew up in Orem) gave me a haircut, but she accidentally cut one part super short. Haha oops. Oh well, I'm not out here to impress anyone. On Wednesday, I went on exchanges with Elder Kohler on the other half of Massaponax. We went to play basketball with the ward that night and Brother Strowmatt came to it!! The Strowmatts are progressing really well. They fed Elders Wilkinson and Morris that night. Elisabeth, the foster daughter, said that she really wants to go to young women's, so we will have to start having dinner with them on Tuesdays or Thursdays. On Thurday, I bought fabric to make a tie. I hope it turns out well. I'll show you guys it when I finish making it, but I can't wait to see what it looks like. I won't say what it is, so it'll be a surprise, but I'm sure all of you have seen this painting before. On Friday, we had zone meeting at 7 pm, which was awesome cause there's nothig to do at nights that are productive. I was way happy until they got to the policy changes. We can no longer workout at gyms, even if they are in our apartment complex or even if we have a bench in the apartment. We can't lift any weights anymore. We can't hangout with the other Massaponax elders after 9 or during meals we have at the apartment. We can't own any instruments. These are the stupidest rules I have ever heard of, but since they come from God, I will obey them. I know that a lot of times, we may be constrained by rules that we don't know why are there, but they are always there for a purpose. So if the prophet ever tells us to do something or to not do something, we should follow what he says, because it comes from God. We need to follow the prophet no matter what, even if we think it is the stupidest rule we have ever heard of. I know we will be blessed for doing so. On Saturday, I went on an exchange with Elder Cox up in Fredericksburg. I accidentally popped Elder Grimaud's bike tire, so we had to walk. A lot. We walked about 12 miles that day, some of it through a forest, some of it through a college campus, some of it through downtown Fredericksburg, and some through the Fredericksburg battlefield. It was an adventure. We went to Chipotle for lunch. Then before we could pay, the lady in front of us in line paid for us. That was such an awesome little miracle! Yesterday, the Strowmatts came to church again! Brother Strowmatt introduced himself in priesthood and said "Hi, I'm Jason Strowmatt. I have lived in Fredericksburg for about a year, and I am starting to come back to church now." It is so awesome that he has told eveyone that he is coming back to church again. And he fits perfectly into the ward! Since it was Fast Sunday, I was feeling pretty hungry, so I looked to see who we had signed up for dinner that night. But then I saw that no one had signed up. So I prayed and asked for someone to offer us dinner that night. Later in the day, Brother Erickson texted us and asked if we had plans for dinner. We said no. So then he offered to have us over for dinner. That was another awesome little miracle! And then late last night while I was in bed, President Smith called us. Elder Wilkinson is being transferred this evening and I will be staying here in Massaponax with Elder Newman. We'll see how this goes. Anyways, I hope you guys can see the little miracles that happen in your lives! And don't be afraid to pray for even the littlest things. I hope everything is going well back home or wherever you guys are! I love and miss you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment