Monday, October 10, 2016

October 10, 2016

It took a while for me to notice the picture and the pose


Hey guys! This week was pretty fun. Last P day, we went to the Fredericksburg Battlefield. President Monson actually told a story about that battle in a conference talk. The talk is called Mercy - The Divine Gift. It is from the April 1995 conference. Go look it up when you get the chance. 

For some reason, we have a second microwave here in the apartment. We call it our "experimental microwave." We put an egg in the microwave and it exploded. Then we put a hot dog in a jar and microwaved it for 5 minutes. When we opened the door, the jar shattered and exploded. So yah we find ways to stay entertained. 

Anyways, Wednesday was day 100 of my mission. It doesn't seem like it's been 100 days. It feels a lot shorter. I have changed a lot over these past 100 days. Normal life seems so foreign to me now. Thinking about life before the mission, it seems so different and weird. Mission life is almost all I know now. I've turned away from some ways of thinking that would distract me from missionary work, and now I feel much better being out here and I feel a lot closer to God. 

But anyways, on Thursday, some members out here in the Spotsylavania ward went to my house back in Utah and talked with my family for a little bit. So that was pretty neat. 

I'm staying here in Massaponax for next transfer. I'm excited because a lot of the investigators have started progressing and we have found a lot of new investigators that show true potential. I'm so happy to be out here and I love being on a mission. 

I love and miss you all!
-Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment