Monday, October 3, 2016

October 3, 2016

Elder Turner and Elder Turner


This was probably the fastest week so far. But it was weird, cause not much really happened this week. But I say that every week. This week we tried new ways to find people. One thing that we did was drawing the Plan of Salvation on the sidewalk with chalk. It was fun to do, but not really effective, cause it rained that night. It rained for most of the week. But it's awesome because it is perfect temperature. On Wednesday, we went to mutual and we learned how to do laundry and how to sew on buttons. Then we played volleyball after that. Then on Friday, we played more volleyball. Every Friday, we play volleyball with a bunch of the ward. So I think I'm getting good at it... I think. Then we watched general conference at the stake center for each of the sessions. All the missionaries have to watch it at the stake center. If you haven't gotten a chance to listen to conference yet, at least go look up the talk by Elder Oaks. He talks about how members can be good member missionaries. And I agree with everything he said in that talk. And I challenge you all to look for ways to be better missionaries. Whether it is just simply smiling at people you walk by, or it is giving out a Book of Mormon, you can choose what to do. Don't just leave all the work for the full time missionaries. We need your help. Anyways, that was my favorite talk from conference. We joined he Spanish branch yesterday afternoon in between sessions for a big lunch. It was super good. Now I have to go get a haircut soon. I  haven't cut the top of my hair since before my mission. So it's kinda long. BTW, one of my zone leaders' name is Elder Turner. There are actually three Elder Turners and one Sister Turner in my mission. So that's pretty neat. 

Love and miss you all! And have a blessed day! 

-Elder (Liam) Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment