Saturday, April 29, 2017

April 17, 2017

 
 
 
Hey guys! Not much happened this week. Last P day was zone P day. Me and a bunch of other missionaries ate a Carolina Reaper pepper. That is 2 times hotter than a ghost pepper. It hurt so much and I literally thought I was going to get sent to the hospital. My arms and hands went completely numb. That was the first time I threw up on the mission.

On Tuesday was district leader training. So while Elder Griffin was in the meeting, I went around with Elders Scott and Daley, whose companions were also in the meeting. We talked to a bunch of Spanish speaking people.

On Wednesday, we helped out with a priest in the wards Eagle project.

Thursday was zone conference. We now cant do mini missions anymore with the priests in our ward. And there are no more zone meetings.

Friday was weekly planning.

Saturday, we went to a child of records baptism.

Sunday was Easter! We went over to a member's house for lunch and they invited over their neighbors that weren't members. That was pretty cool. Later, we went over to Ibrahim K house. He is a less active 20 year old that we are trying to reactivate. We asked him if he ever thought about serving a mission. He thought about it for a minute and said that he actually would want to serve a mission! That would be so awesome if we got him out on a mission!

That was my week. Shout out to Elder Branson Tanner who just got into the MTC this week. Good luck buddy! I hope everybody got a chance to check out the new Easter video that is on mormon.orgEaster Video Link If you haven't seen it, go check it out. It starts off showing a lot of wars and contentions and bad things in the world, but then later, it puts Christ into the picture. And that is when everything gets peaceful. I know that when we are going through rough trials, if we turn to Christ and put Him into the picture, that we will be able to find peace. He will help comfort us and we will grow closer to Him.

Anyways, love you all!
 
-Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment