I received a tiny email the day Liam got to the MTC, just saying that he was there and alive. I was hoping that he'd send a longer, more detailed email when he finally had his first p-day, but he didn't really.
Basically, he said the first few days were really hard, but once he got to Sunday, it really flew by. That's how I've felt. He's seen like 15 people in there that he knows and will be getting together with the others from our ward tonight to get a picture. His companion is pretty serious and knows a lot and is really keeping him on task. That's probably what Liam needs. He said they are mostly learning how to teach by the spirit, which is what they need to do.
He's already gained 5 lbs because there's so much food at meal times! I hope he runs that off because we don't need to be buying any new clothes. But he said they eat at like 4:30 so he's starving by the time he gets back to his room. Then he said his computer time was about up and he needed to finish his laundry.
I got a follow up email just asking if I could drop off a couple t-shirts and socks. I was looking forward to a little more detail, but what was I really expecting? It's Liam.
Maybe he'll have more time to write next Thursday. I hope so. I need more pictures! I'm just glad that he seems to be doing ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment