I'll be one of those moms that stalks their missionary. Thank goodness for Google Earth 😉 Oh and also for flight trackers.
I got to talk to Liam for 13 mins just before 6:00 am on July 18th when he was at the airport ready to fly out. He sounds great and ready! There was a long line of missionaries waiting for the phone so he could talk very long. He was going to call back when he got to Atlanta, but no payphones there.
I got a call from the mission secretary that evening letting me know that he was there safely at the mission home. She said he was upstairs eating dinner and would be staying there that night. Then his trainer would be there the next day (today) to take him to his first area. The secretary is supposed to email me by the end of the week to give me the address for his first area. If anyone wants to send him a package or REAL mail, contact me for his current address while he's gone.

I did get a short email from Liam last night. He said he just got his iPad set up and that he can read his email every day but can only reply on Monday, p day. So email him when you can. He loves to hear from family and friends. I hope he receives a lot of supportive and encourage emails from all of you.
Now his adventure begins! I can't wait to hear about all of his experiences in Virginia.

No comments:
Post a Comment