Tuesday, July 26, 2016

July 25, 2016 First P-Day Email From Virginia

Mom note - Pardon his lack of proper English. I'm not sure where the "Hecka" and "ain't" came from! But here's the first letter from the field. Many of you on his email list already got it. 


Hey everybody!!!! 
It's been a hecka crazyish first week. Ok so where to begin.... I had to get up at 2:30 am on Monday morning to get to the plane on time. That sucked. Oh wait! On the Sunday before I left, at the devotional at the MTC, we all watched this amazing video called the Character of Christ by Elder Bednar. Once it was over and the lights turned back on, Elder Bednar was actually there!!!! It was so awesome!!! 

For those of you that have seen The District, you know Sister Payne? Her brother was in my MTC district. Elder Payne is such a chill guy and now he's here in Richmond with me. So yah, I made it here to Richmond, Virginia. And I finally got my iPad. I thought it was gonna be super fun to have an iPad, but it has so many restrictions on it, I can barely do anything on it. Almost pointless. Almost. 

Anyways, my trainer is way awesome! His name is Elder Davis. He's from Riverton. He's been out for a year. We actually have the same birthday, but he's a year older than me. He loves cars, like me. He ran cross country, which sucks, cause he's making me run hecka fast everyday. Until he started letting me ride a bike while he ran. Hahahaha I'm so fat. I already gained 10 pounds. *Takes another bite of ice cream.* 

It is so humid here!! Each time I get out of the car, my glasses fog up. Oh, by the way, we just got a brand new 2016 Nissan Altima. It's hecka nice. But what isn't nice is that my apartment doesn't have wifi. So, my first area is called Waynesboro.  Y'all should send me a banana with a postage stamp on it or something. Hahaha. 

Anyways, back to the important stuff. So on my first day here, we went to a member's house for dinner. Since I'm new, they call me a "greenie." So the entire meal I had was dyed green. It was legit. Tracting is literally the worst thing in the world. And it doesn't help that it's like 90 degrees and 95% humidity. I was literally dripping sweat everywhere. It sucks. If a missionary ever comes to your door, let them in and at least give them water. Also, if they ask to do service, give them service. Service is the best thing ever. Cause we don't gotta wear church clothes for that. Hahaha. 

But there are hecka giant spiders here. Like, I've found a few that are as big as tennis balls. And if you know me, you know that I run even if they are the size of an airsoft BB. And I have a billion mosquito bites literally everywhere. It sucks. But oh well, guess I'll have to get a straw and suck it up.
There's this awesome grocery store here called Sharp Shopper. It's a store that buys other stores' almost expired stuff and sells it hecka cheap. We can get a liter bottle of Naked juice for $1. It's literally the best thing ever. I'm gonna get so fat because of it and people feeding me all the time. 

Anyways, teaching people isn't as hard as I thought. But sometimes you gotta kinda argue with people. Which ain't good. But we got 3 people on date for being baptized. And that is pretty amazing. 

But anyways, I love it out here, but I also miss you guys. I love and miss you all so much!! I'll email you all again next
Monday! ✌🙏
 - Elder Turner






No comments:

Post a Comment