Monday, February 27, 2017

February 27, 2017

P-day in the new area

Hey guys! This week was eventful. Last P day, we played sports as usual. When we got home, Elder Exon hurt his back, so we couldnt go out because we were still walking at that point. Same with Tuesday morning, but he finally was able to go out later in the day.
 
Wednesday, we taught a guy named Dominque. He is a less active member. He talked to us for like 2 hours. He is quite the talker. But he has been going through some tough stuff lately, so he just needed to vent. But he almost started bashing on the Book of Mormon. But we helped clear some stuff up for him. Later, we went to Rob for dinner. He kept tempting me to play Forza, but I sadly had to turn it down.
 
On Thursday, we had zone conference. It was our zone (Richmond East) combined with the Richmond West zone. I got to see Elder Davis and Sister Erickson! And then after the meeting, we finally got a car! It is a 2015 Toyota Corolla. Then later we taught Sister D, who is another less active member. We have been trying to help her quit smoking. A member that we brought suggested that we cut up her cigarettes and leave her with just the filters. That way she can still go through the motions, but no bad stuff. She agreed to the idea. So we got to cut up some cigarettes, which was fun.
 
On Friday, Elder Exon and I each bought a homemade cross from a disabled guy on the street.
 
On Saturday, the senior missionary couple, the Schrecks, took us out to TGI Fridays for dinner. Then they gave each of us a new pair of shoes. They are my favorite. Later, we went and taught Jeffrey and Lindsey P. They are super cool.
 
On Sunday, Jeffrey got the priesthood! We also saw Michael Paxman and Daniel Bryant at the other ward that meets at our building, which is the YSA ward. Both of them used to serve in this mission. Michael was my zone leader back in Waynesboro and I did a little blitz with him. And Daniel came to the Massaponax ward a few weeks ago when I was there. I'm barely starting to learn the names of everyone in the Glen Allen ward. But it's hard sometimes.
 
It was like 85 degrees this entire week. So hot for February! So that was my week. I love and miss all of you so much!

-Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment