Wednesday, February 15, 2017

February 13, 2017

Bowling for P-Day


Raymond's baptism



Hey guys! This week was a little crazy and super awesome. I forgot to say last week that when I was on exchanges with Elder Morris, we went to part of the Fredericksburg Battlefield. When we were there, we found a big stone pyramid from the Civil war, but it was a little ways away from the road. We saw a little trail that lead to it, so we rode our bikes along the trail. In order to get to the pyramid, we had to cross some railroad tracks, so we left the bikes and crossed the tracks and took a picture with it. Then when I turn around, I see a cop car back at the road where the trail started. It was parked there waiting for us. I was super scared. We went back up the trail to talk to the cop. It turns out that he is only a park ranger. He told us that we shouldnt cross railroad tracks. We said sorry and he was chill about it, so he just left after that. Hahha oops.


Last P day was bowling with most of the zone. Nick Allen, the priest in the ward that likes to hangout with us, went to that.


On Tuesday, it was about 70 degrees outside. On Wednesday, it was still about 70 degrees. On Thursday, it snowed. Crazy Virginia weather. We did an exchange with Fredericksburg A, which is Elders Cox and Jensen. I was with Elder Jensen. We went to the Strowmatts for a while that night, because we didn't have much else to do.


On Friday, we did an exchange with Freddy B. I went with Elder Weir again. He is really cool and loves cars, like me. I broke my bike pedal. So we went to the Strowmatts again, cause I couldnt go anywhere without a pedal that worked.


Saturday was the craziest day. I baptized Raymond!!! It was super awesome and luckily I had Elder Richardson in the water to help me lift him up out of the water. Then we helped Opa Welling with building a wood storage for him. It was also transfer calls that night. I am being transferred on Wednesday and so is Elder Richardson. Both Elders Morris and Miller are staying and are going to be the only elders in Massaponax. We went over to the Strowmatts, because I am going to miss them the most, so I want to see them as much as I can before I leave.


On Sunday, we went to a bunch of members and said goodbye to them. First we said bye to Raymond. Then we said bye to the Bells. Then we said bye to the Dudleys. Brother Dudleys parents were there. His dad is Elder Dudley who is the area authority for this area. It was pretty neat getting to talk to him for a while. Then we said bye to Bishop Meppen and his family. They fed us dinner, which was awesome. Then we said bye to the whole Welling clan. Then we said bye to the Palominos. I will miss them a ton, also.


Anyways, that was my week! Love and miss you all so much!


Shoutout to my brother Gavin, he's turning 10 today!!




-Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment