![]() |
| Boxing clothes for refugees in Jordan |
![]() |
| With the Massaponax elders |
Hey guys! This week has been a long week. Last P day, we went bowling and played lots of sports. We said bye to a bunch of members. Then we said bye to Shannon Hamilton. But it was a super awesome lesson because we skyped her first missionary in to the lesson. That helped a lot. Im sad to leave her.
On Tuesday, I said bye to some of the Wellings again. We also said bye to the Strowmatts. I almost cried saying bye to them. I'm really going to miss them a ton!
Wednesday was transfer day. I am now in a suburb of Richmond called Glen Allen. I am with Elder Exon. He came out with Elders Davis and Wilkinson. He was just barely a zone leader, but he is now a district leader. We share the ward with sisters and a senior couple named the Schrecks. We got shotgunned into this area, which means that both of us just got into the area. We are supposed to be getting a car next Thursday, so until then, we have been walking everywhere because Elder Exon cant ride a bike because he had surgery recently. Elder Richardson is now in Charlottesville YSA serving as a zone leader. Throughout the rest of the week, we did a lot of service at the church. We packed a ton of boxes of clothes that were getting shipped to refugees in Jordan.
Thursday, we met an excommunicated member of the church named Rob. He is so awesome! When we first walked in, he was playing Forza Horizon 2, which is my favorite game ever!
On Sunday, we had the Schrecks take us to church. We got there late. Then right when we walk in, a man asks us to give him a blessing, so we go and do that. He is a truck driver who lives in a ward near Chesapeake.
I like this ward, but it isn't as good as Massaponax. I'm really going to miss that area. Later, we met a recent convert named Jeffrey P. and his wife Lindsey. Lindsey isn't a member and they just got married like a couple weeks ago. Jeffrey was found by Elders Payne and Kohler. He is super awesome. It's been like 80 degrees the past couple days. That's my week. I love and miss you all so much!
-Elder Turner


No comments:
Post a Comment