| Benny Vitali's with the zone |
Nerf War
Hey guys! This week was very eventful. And it starts off with a little drama. So on Tuesday, we had an appointment with a 17 year old girl named Hunter. Elder Neuman and I were thinking of who would be a good fellowshipper for her. Elder Neuman asked me who the laurels were. I said that there's bishop's daughter and there's C. We thought it'd be weird to take bishop's daughter, so we asked Brother **** if C was willing to come out with us. He said that she could. So later, we go to the appointment and C meets us there, but it falls through. Then I remembered that a former investigator lived down the street. And he said the night before that we could go by that day upcoming day. So we asked C if she wanted to come with us to try by Mike. She said that she could. So then we went over and right before we get to the door, C tells us that she has to go in 15 minutes. I thought that was a little weird, but whatever. We get to Mike's and he lets us in. We start reading the Book of Mormon and halfway through, C says she has to go. So she leaves and we finish the lesson. Shortly after the lesson, we get a text from Brother **** saying that it wasn't a good experience for C and that he was super mad at us. I was super confused because everything went perfectly normal, I thought that C had a good time. Later we find out that she came home crying and I still don't know why. Brother **** then called bishop, who later called President Smith. Then we get a call from President Smith saying that there is a member in our ward that is very angry with us. But we didn't break any rules. So now, we have a family that hates us in the ward.
On Wednesday, I hit my 6 month mark!! It's crazy to think that I am finished with 1/4 of my mission. It has certainly flown by super fast. On Thursday, Bishop called us in to have a meeting about what happened on Tuesday. He rebuked us for what happened, but there's not much that we can do about the situation now. Elder Morris and I later each burnt a tie to celebrate being out for 6 months.
On Saturday, which was New Year's Eve, was transfer calls. I am staying here in Massaponax and so is Elder Morris. Elder Morris is training. Elder Kohler is leaving. And Elder Neuman is also leaving, but he is going to be a zone leader. We spent New Year's Eve with an awesome family named the Wellings. They are probably my favorite family in the ward. We had dinner there and then we played games until it was time for us to be back in our apartments for the night. So that was my week. I hope everyone had an awesome New Year's.
I challenge everyone to make a New Year's resolution to read the Book of Mormon at least once during this year. It's not much, but it will surely bless all of your lives! I love and miss you all so much!!
No comments:
Post a Comment