Anyways, after district meeting, we did an exchange. Elder Shupe from the Staunton ward switched with Elder Davis, so that meant I could finally drive!! Then the two of us went and picked up a member that is a little older than me and he is putting in his papers next month. Then the three of us went to teach a lady that was referred to us by the hermanas because she doesn't speak Spanish, so it should be us teaching her. Anyways, we had a big long hour and a half lesson in which we taught both the Restoration and the Plan of Salvation. She seemed very interested and said she'll pray about a baptism date, but I'm pretty sure she'll get baptized pretty soon. Later in the week, we taught a less active older couple that was from Poland. They got the accent and everything! It's so awesome! And then the next day, we went and did service basically the entire day. I think this was Saturday. But first, we went to the food bank and helped out there for a few hours. Then we did lots of yard work for a single lady in the ward. Then right after that we went over to that Polish couple and did the same thing there. But while we were there, they ordered pizza and fed us. It was nice. Then we finally got home at like 7. But I love doing service for people. Not only because I don't have to wear church clothes, but when ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God.
Anyways, I hope y'all are doin' well and keepin' safe. Love and miss y'all so much!!!
-Elder Turner
-Elder Turner
No comments:
Post a Comment