Wednesday, June 29, 2016

First Morning as A Missionary

At first we thought it was going to be a long boring morning with no electronics.  Then things got hectic.  Liam opened his missionary email for the first time and saw the emails from his mission office in Virginia.  We had a few papers to get together.  Then he had one last load of laundry and gathering all of the emails he could.


Next, we stopped at Liam's 90 year old great grandma Prestwich's house.  She was sure to give him a few last pieces of advice before he left.  He's been close to her his whole life and I'm glad that they had a few minutes before he left.


Melissa and her kids came by grandma's too so they could spend some time with him.

Trevan and Liam are the 2 oldest cousins, on my side, and have been good friends. I'm glad they got to hang out for a few minutes too.  Trevan will be next!

Liam's aunt Meridyth and her family happened to be here from Kentucky and were able to meet us at Tucanos for Liam's last pre-mission meal.  I hear he'll be eating PLENTY while he's in the MTC.  Hopefully he gets his exercise in so that I don't have to send him a new wardrobe.

We took one last family picture before heading to the MTC.


No comments:

Post a Comment