Breaking Water Jugs....
Mom note - So, the first part of this letter again shows that these missionaries are young. I have to keep reminding myself that he's only 18 and that sometimes 18 year olds make stupid choices. I mean, who in the world thinks a $109 hard metal, gold tie is a good idea to buy on a mission?!?! Seriously. And he can't wear that tie there. He's always been so good at telling on himself. Poor Liam got a not happy mom email this week. It's hard to stop being a mom. There are also wonderful things in the letter. I really am proud of him for all he's doing.
This week was a little exciting. Last P day was my 5 month mark. To celebrate, I bought a $109 Hex Tie online. Hopefully it gets here soon.
On Wednesday, it was super warm. It got up to 73 degrees. Then we got kicked out of a townhome complex by the sheriff. The complex manager thought we were tracting, but we really had some set appointments there that we were going to. But they fell through, so it looked like we were tracting random houses.
On Thursday, we had dinner at the Strowmatts. Then we had a lesson with them on the ten commandments. Then we got Brother Strowmatt to come out with us to go try by some people. All those people fell through, but it was super awesome that he was willing to come out with us to teach people. Sometimes I wonder what the Strowmatts would be doing if I didn't follow the prompting to knock their door late at night. We are going to have to rebaptize Sister Strowmatt because the ward clerks can't find her records anywhere. And Elizabeth, the foster child, won't be able to get baptized, because her biological parents said no. So she will have to wait 4 years until she is 18 to get baptized.
Elder Cox and I were on exchanges here from Thursday night until Saturday morning. We had the ward Christmas party Saturday morning, but we could only stay for 30 minutes because we had zone meeting that morning. The Strowmatts came to that and donated a bunch of toys to the angel tree thing that they did. Zone meeting was pretty fun. Got to meet a bunch more missionaries. Elder Shupe from Staunton is in my zone now.
Then last night, we went over to the Strowmatt's house to watch the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. That was super cool. So that was my week. I hope all goes well with you guys this week. I love and miss you all so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment